15 January – 15 February 2021
From January 15 to February 15, 2021, film lovers around the world will have access to the films of this 11th edition of the first online francophone film festival.
Across the globe, and from the comfort of their own home, they’ll have the opportunity to discover the best that francophone cinema’s new generation has to offer.
In South Africa and in every country on the Continent, the festival is 100% free!
Throughout the month, worldwide users will be able to watch online a selection of 10 feature films and 10 short films in competition, as well as several films presented out of competition. All films are subtitled in 10 languages: French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Japanese, and Korean.
With comedies, documentaries, rom-coms, dramas, VR, animation or shorts movies, young audience, the selection will spotlight the great diversity of francophone cinema. Just have to pick a film, sit back, relax and enjoy the best of French cinema for free!
Viewers around the world are also invited to vote on the festival platform to select their favourite feature film and short film.
THE 2021 FILM SELECTION
The 2021 selection is divided in themes representing the diversity and vitality of francophone cinema, as per the following categories:
– Youth initiation trip and the transition from adolescence to adulthood in Forever Young
– Crazy Loving Families with its humour, tenderness and complicated family situations
– Through incredible, explosive and singular portraits, True Heroines section celebrates women and girls who carve out their own destinies.
– Discover an array of French Ghost Stories
– On the Road highlights migrations of women and men fleeing international conflicts
– Films that question love from every angle in Love is love
– To share the love of French cinema with the youngest viewers, thanks to no-dialogue animated short films for kids in Kids Corner: Maestro, Dalia’s World, 028, The Kindergarten Show and A Lynx In Town.
– Discover new forms of images, writing and experimentations in French films with New Horizons
Where to see the movies?
On the myFrenchFilmFestival.com platform worldwide.
Here is a selection of the great films that you will be able to discover during this festival :
– ADOLESCENTES by Sébastien Lifshitz
– YOU DESERVE A LOVER by Hafsia Herzi
– CAMILLE by Boris Lojkine
– WORKING GIRLS by Frédéric Fonteyne and Anne Paulicevich
Crazy Loving Families
– ENORMOUS by Sophie Letourneur
– FELICITÀ by Bruno Merle
– JUST KIDS by Christophe Blanc
On the road
– HEROES DON’T DIE by Aude Léa Rapin
– JOSEP by Aurel
French Ghost Stories
– BURNING GHOST by Stéphane Batut
My French Film Festival is an initiative of uniFrance Films, the French government agency in charge of promoting French cinema overseas. http://en.unifrance.org/